Bilco F-50 48×48 Aluminum Roof Hatch
Type Bilco F-50 48×48 Aluminum Roof Hatch is ideal for applications requiring roof access larger than the typical 36″ x 30″ opening. A type F roof hatch is commonly used to remove or install small pieces of equipment in a building.
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arms lock the covers in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on covers and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weather-tightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip® flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
- Inside curb to curb measurement of 48″ x 48″
- Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11gauge (2.3mm) aluminum.
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1″ (25mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3″ (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12″ (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1″ (25mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2″ (89mm) mounting flange with 7/16″ holes (11mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8″ (9mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Finish: Aluminum Mill Finish
- Hardware: Engineered composite compression spring tubes. Steel compression springs with electro-coated acrylic finish. Type 316 Stainless steel hinges.
If you have any questions about this item or would like special pricing for bulk orders or custom sizes, please call Commercial Roofing Specialties at 1-(800) 267-2308 and ask for an E-Commerce Representative.