Bilco S-20 36×30 Steel Roof Hatch
The Bilco S-20 36×30 Steel Roof Hatch is designed for access onto a roof using a fixed, internal ladder. The cover is counter-balanced for easy one-hand operation which allows you to open or close the cover while your other hand is firmly on the ladder. Fully gasketed and insulated, the S-20 also is also Miami Dade approved and has the Florida Product Approval for high winds and missile impact.
- Miami-Dade County and Florida Building Commission approval for use in high velocity hurricane zones with large and small missile impact.
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation
- Automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the 70-degree open position to ensure safe ladder access
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on cover and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weather-tightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip® flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Inside curb to curb measurement of 36″ x 30″
- Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel.
- Cover: Brake-formed, hollow-metal design with 1″ (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3″ (76 mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12″ (305 mm) in height with integral cap flashing, 1″ (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2″ (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16″ holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8″ (9 mm) Type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Enclosed two-point slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Finish: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
- Hardware: Engineered composite compression spring tubes and steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
Model # S-20
If you have any questions about this item or would like special pricing for bulk orders or custom sizes, please call Commercial Roofing Specialties at 1-(800) 267-2308 and ask for an E-Commerce Representative.