Bilco E-20 36X36 Steel Roof Hatch
The Bilco E-20 36X36 Steel Roof Hatch is ideal for applications requiring roof access slightly larger than the typical 36″ x 30″ opening. They are commonly used for ladder access or to remove or install small pieces of equipment in a building. The cover is also counter-balanced for easy one-hand operation which allows you to open or close the cover while your other hand is firmly on the ladder.
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arms lock the covers in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on covers and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weather-tightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip® flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
- Inside curb to curb measurement of 36″ x 36″
- Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (2 mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel.
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1″ (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3″ (76 mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12″ (305 mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1″ (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2″ (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16″ holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8″ (9 mm) Type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Enclosed two-point slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Finish: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
- Hardware: Engineered composite compression spring tubes and steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
Model # E-20
If you have any questions about this item or would like special pricing for bulk orders or custom sizes, please call Commercial Roofing Specialties at 1-(800) 267-2308 and ask for an E-Commerce Representative.