Bilco Type SV Automatic Smoke Vent
$1,440.00 – $2,380.00
*Turnaround time is 3-4 weeks for all standard models*
**Discounts may be available for 4+ units, please contact us for details**
Please choose model and type below:
Bilco Type SV Automatic Smoke Vent
The Bilco Type SV Automatic Smoke vent is an essential part of many commercial roofs that assist firefighters in bringing fires under control. The Type SV smoke vent will automatically open to vent smoke and heat once the inside area reaches a certain temperature. These vents are often required by International Building Code and are ideal for compact venting areas, such as elevator shafts or stair wells. These units also meet fire-rating requirements and comply with both UL 793 and UL 790 Class A burning brand tests.
Features and Benefits
- The SV smoke vent uses a Thermolatch® positive hold and release mechanism that ensures dependable operation in case of a fire. This is due to a fusible link that melts once the temperature reaches a temperature of 165°F, or 74°C, thus releasing the latch and allowing the cover to quickly open.
- Durable housing is used for the fusible link and is mounted on the curb. This allows the latch to be easily accessed and quickly reset from the roof level.
- Powerful lifting mechanisms are build to open the cover in the toughest snow and wind conditions.
- All of the units are fully insulated and gasketed for the most extreme weather, and are made from corrosion resistant material for years of dependable and trouble free service.
Standard Model Types and Sizes
- S-20SV – Steel cover and frame with inside measurement of 30″ x 36″, hinged on the 36″ side.
- S-50SV – Aluminum cover and frame with inside measurement of 30″ x 36″, hinged on the 36″ side.
- NB-20SV – Steel cover and frame with inside measurement of 30″ x 54″, hinged on the 54″ side.
- NB-50SV – Aluminum cover and frame with inside measurement of 30″ x 54″, hinged on the 54″ side.
- Material: Steel – 14 gauge galvannealed steel with red-oxide primer / Aluminum – 11 gauge mill finish aluminum
- Cover: Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1″ concealed fiberglass insulation, 3″ beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf live load.
- Curb: 12″ in height with integral capflashing, 1″ fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2″ mounting flange with 7/16″ holes provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to the cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8″ type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. Designed to hold the cover closed against a 90 psf uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent cover.
- Operation: Compression springs enclosed in telescopic tubes open covers automatically against a 10 psf snow/wind load when released. Automatic hold-open arms lock the cover in the full open position. Cover is supplied with a shock absorber to assure a controlled rate of opening.
- Performance Rating: UL-listed. Complies with UL 793 and UL 790 Class A (burning brand test).
- Hardware: All other hardware is zinc plated and chromate sealed steel
Turnaround time for all standard models is 3-4 weeks. If you would like a quote for a non-standard size, the Type DSH Double-Door series, or any other model of smoke vent not listed, please contact us at (800)-267-2308 and ask for an E-Commerce Representative. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.